Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
I haven't been tracking/counting points all week but just watching what I am eating and how much I'm eating all week. It's not where I want to be. I don't want to give myself this much slack yet. Not until I feel I have a good grip on my weight loss/lifestyle - which it is apparent, I do not! So, this week I am saying I will start counting my points again. I have been doing great with my water this week, too! No workouts, though. I had every intention of doing them but never did it. Sounds like life, doesn't it? So, I'm shooting for twice this week.
I have lost a total of 22 pounds now, which equates 10.23% of total weight lost!!! That is awesome! My weight is currently 203. I am getting so excited thinking about the fact that I am almost out of the 200s. I haven't been in the 100s since a couple months after Graycen was born.
If I were reading this out loud, you would hear my huge WOO-HOO right now!!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
I did pretty well this last week. I got 2 workouts in and was on top of my water half of the time. I didn't count points this last week, but instead just watched what I ate and watched the portion sizes. Obviously it all worked since I lost 1 pound last week! YAY! I have had a total weight loss of 9.33% That is awesome!
I am hoping to get some better motivation going again and get back in stride here. I only have 5 pounds to go before I am under 200 and that is so exciting to me! The last time I was under 200 was before I had Graycen and then right after she was born - for like 2 months.
With my birthday coming up on the 20Th of next month, I am up for my license renewal. I am hoping that in the next 25 days I can lose 5 pounds so I can be under 200 on my license. You see, I am not a person that lies about my weight on my license. I don't find it necessary. I am thinking I might cut it close but not actually make it :(
Friday, November 21, 2008
I have already been better this week. Watching my points, getting my water and since Tuesday I have had two workouts. Yay for me being back on track.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
I lost 2 pounds last week. In case you can't keep a running total in your head for this, I now weigh 205 pounds, which means I have lost 20 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, sorry about the abundance of exclamation points. I am just a little excited!
These past two weeks have been stress filled and hectic but I pulled my act together last week and got those two pounds off. I am so close to hitting 10% weight lost. I have another 2.25 pounds to go until I get there!
YAY for me!! I am so proud of myself for losing 20 pounds. I know if I had been more diligent in the beginning weeks (the first 3 or 4) I could have lost more but no shoulda, coulda, wouldas. I have done great and need to celebrate what I have done!
Here's to many more losing (winning!) weeks.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Because of my horrible eating habits this last week, I didn't lose any weight. I also didn't gain any weight. I'm relieved that I didn't gain any, but in a way, I almost wish maybe I would have. I think it would have been a punishment for my actions.
I am hoping this will be a better week but it's hard to stay committed to my eating when there is stuff going on that is far more important than what I'm eating. So - here's to another week.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
What I do is this:
I have a 32 ounce nalgene bottle that I fill up with water. I make sure I drink one of these before I can have a pop. So, ideally, I would have my first 32oz gone before lunch time so I don't have to go the whole afternoon without my beloved caffeine! It makes it a lot easier to finish the first one knowing once it's gone I can have a can of pop. It also makes it easier to drink the second one knowing that's all I have to drink for the day. When I do this successfully, I usually drink more than my 64oz for the day because I don't want pop at the end of the night, so i go right for the bottle. Of water, that is! ;-)
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
- I enjoy working out. I love the way it makes me feel during and after. I just have a hard time motivating myself to actually get started!
- I used to bite my toenails when I was little. To this day I have no idea why I did it. My mom hated it so much and would almost throw-up every time I did it. I can see why.
- I could eat popcorn every single day. Thankfully, I buy the Pop Secret 94% fat-free, 100 calorie snack bags of popcorn. It only costs me 2 points, so I can eat it every day if I want to!
- I used to be a jogger. I loved doing it. I have no idea why I stopped.
- I like to write. I don't necessarily like my handwriting bur I just like to write stuff out. In school I would always rewrite all of my notes just so I could write more.
- I am a compulsive list maker. I make them for everything: groceries, Target, things to do, dinner ideas, household tasks. You name it, it goes on there! Maybe this has something to do with #5???
- I've tried losing weight numerous times. I've only been successful at losing weight two times. What have I done both times that it's worked? Weight Watchers, of course. That's enough proof to me that it works!
Is this my plateau? If so, I am not sure how to get out of it. I also wonder, is it possible that it is me slacking, unknowingly? Anyone in WW have any hints as to why I'm kind if sticking now?
I did get in two workouts last week and have made myself a chart to hold myself accountable for workouts this week. I am setting my goal to three workouts this week. I would like to hold it at every day (or at least five days) but I need to be realistic. I can barely get myself motivated to workout one day per week - let's take baby steps here. Anyone out there have any tips on getting and keeping yourself motivated for working out? Any extra special incentive (besides the AWESOME weight loss?)
Thursday, October 2, 2008
I've restarted my Biggest Loser DVD and am happy (and sore) about it!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
If you want to be able to figure out your percentage of weight lost, do the following:
Divide the weight loss by the starting weight and multiply the answer by 100.
Ex: Starting weight = 200, pounds lost = 5
5/200 = .025
.025*100 = 2.5% weight lost
You can do this from week to week or keep a running total. I think I am going to do both and track them on my side bar.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
I decided I need to start creating weekly goals. My goal for this week is to get myself back on track and counting ALL of my points again and to make sure I work out at least 3 times this week. I keep making excuses as to why I can't work out. You know the same old excuses: I don't have time, it's too late, I'm too tired. I have come to the realization that that's what they all are - excuses. I need to hold myself accountable just like I do with my points and actually work out!
So, I won't say I hope this is a better week - I will say, this WILL BE a better week!!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
It's on NBC at 7pm!!! I guess now it is a good thing Steph cancelled for tomorrow night. We were going to have a play date for the kids (OK and for us) but she has a freelance project she needs to work on. So... now I get to watch it! YAY!! I know Katie & Sherri will be tuning in as well!!!
Kristie took the time to write out a beautiful post that made me want to break the rules right then and there and just give her the dang trial. She is very well deserving of it! Go here to read the new blog she started for her newest venture in life!
Carren is my mother in law and she took the time to send me an email about it. She is also well deserving of this trial.
I am happy no other people entered so I was able to give these two wonderful people a shot at using Weight Watchers online. I can only hope it works for both of you and you are successful at it! Just remember... baby steps!
Congratulations you two!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
I told David I need help holding myself accountable to working out. If I could afford to join the gym, I would and then I would have someone to hold me accountable - Steph. Oh well, when I can afford it she can hold me to it. Right Steph?
So, YAY to another successful week. I am losing right on/above target for healthy weight loss (1-2lbs/week) I am proud of myself!
**Don't forget to enter the contest to win a 3 month membership to Weight Watchers online!
Monday, September 8, 2008
I have been racking my brain trying to figure out a way to give these away and have finally come up with what I am going to do.
- I am going to hold this contest open to everyone who has a blog.
- You need to create a post on your blog talking about these three things: 1) Telling your readers about the Lose for Good campaign 2) Why you want to win the 3 month membership to Weight Watchers online 3) Your favorite healthy recipe or food to eat.
- Come back here and leave me a comment with a link back to your post.
- This contest will stay open until 11:59pm Thursday, September 11. I will choose a winner (using random.org) *Note: you will not be included in the random drawing if you do not post all 3 things in your blog* I will email the winners and post the results on Friday morning.
Good luck to you all!!
For every pound lost with Weight Watchers during a six-week period, beginning September 7 and ending October 18, Weight Watchers will donate the cost of one pound of food -- up to one million dollars. The funds will go to two hunger-fighting organizations: Share Our Strength, which works to make sure no child in America grows up hungry, and Action Against Hunger, which provides immediate and long-term solutions for hunger to people around the world. .
Some more information I have received and can relay to you all:
- According to the World Health Organization, there are 1.6 billion overweight people in the world and at the same time, in 2007 there were 862 million people in the world that were underfed.
- Lose for Good is a charitable effort that addresses two important epidemics: hunger and obesity, by empowering people to get healthier while also doing good for others in need.
- The chosen organizations are Share Our Strength, the leading organization working to make sure no kid in America grows up hungry, and Action Against Hunger, an organization that helps feed people in troubled parts of the world.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Well, when we were done, we had to walk down the stairs to be able to get out the door. That was a challenge. I seriously could only take the steps like 2 or 3 at a time. It was horrible. I had spaghetti legs. This morning when I went to M's house to watch the kids, I had to walk up 2 flights of stairs with each kid - yeah, talk about a major burn!
Last night gave me a taste of how nice it would be to have a personal trainer. Anyone care to be mine? For free!!??
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
1) Actually participated in one workout this week. I didn't do any working out this week and I can feel it.
2) Not eaten fair food. I wouldn't be a true Minnesota State Fair lover if I went and didn't eat the roasted corn on the cob or Sweet Martha's Cookies. I only ate those two things and a bite of David's turkey sandwich. That's it. The catch - I ate about 10 cookies. I know, bad, bad me! I also drank a lot of pop and I shouldn't have done that either.
So, I am hoping this next week is an even better one. I went with Steph tonight to try out LA Fitness. She has a membership there and was able to get a 3 day pass for a guest. Tonight we did arms, back and 30 mins on the bike. Tomorrow we are meeting with her personal trainer. Should be interesting. I am super excited about it though!
I must say, I am pretty darn proud of myself for reaching 10 pounds.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I tired a new workout DVD, which completely kicked my butt. A review of it to be written up in the next day or so. It was such a hard and good workout. So good it made me excited for the tomorrow to do it again! I have to follow this one for 6 weeks to achieve optimal results. So, we'll see how the next 5.5 weeks go!
Even though I only have a total of 8 pounds lost, I can see a difference in my stomach and my thighs! I also noticed my jeans feel just a little bit looser in the waist (totally where I need it)! I am so excited to see results too. It helps a lot!
Friday, August 22, 2008
I have found, so far, that my favorite one is the Home Style Beef Pot Roast. I tried the lasagna the other night and that one was really good too. I think the only one, so far, that I haven't liked was the Macaroni & Cheese. Maybe it's because I am such a fan of mac n' cheese that nothing can quite compare to the real stuff.
I am really excited to try the desserts!
*Side note: a lot of these are on sale 5/$10 at Cub this week. I just discovered this in the ad this morning. Target usually has them priced pretty inexpensively. I wish I there were coupons for these. If you ever see coupons, please let me know!
**Points Value - varies depending on the entree you choose
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Thursday, August 14, 2008
**Points Value: 2
**Points value - 1
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I figured out why I wasn't losing the past 2 weeks. Well, week 1 I wasn't 100% fully committed. Week 2 I was tracking my points but the problem is what I was eating. So, sure, I was eating all of my points in a day but I wasn't eating good foods. I was wasting points on bigger things - too often! Pizza, brownies, cheese (my weakness!) and peanut butter. I saw those items in my tracker A LOT in the weeks that I didn't lose anything.
This last week was different. My tracker is filled with mozzarella cheese in place of cheddar. 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on a toasted English muffin instead of who knows how much peanut butter on a sandwich. Turkey sandwiches on whole grain bread. LOTS and LOTS of fruits and veggies. Graycen and I went to Target the other day and I bought lots of things for me to eat and snack on. I can't even tell you how long I spent looking at the backs or sides of the packages to see what the points value of each item was. It got really tiring but the shift in the scale was worth it and will continue to be worth it.
This no caffeine thing lasted all of like 3 days. I have since switched to Coke Zero instead of the full thing or Diet Coke. I love Coke so much and I think Coke Zero is pretty close in comparison.
Knowing what I know now, I think the following weeks will be pretty successful! I look forward to many more (happy) updates!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
I wasn't 100% committed to watching my food intake and well, I only did my workout once in the last week. I have already done it once this week so I'm off to a better start this week than last and I have been tracking my points as well! Way to go! Let's hope next Tuesday's weigh-in produces better results for me. If it's any consolation, I have decided to try and cut caffeine. I am on day 2 of no caffeine and I actually feel better!!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Thanks again, Steph!! Just think, when I lose weight, I will get to be partially thankful to you! LOL!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Well, I didn't do the whole 4 miles today. I figured I should only start out with 1 or 2 at first. I mean, I am just getting back in to working out and don't want to over do it, you know? So, I did miles 1 and 2. Let me tell you, it was a workout. I felt great afterwards though! I was doing it for about 28 minutes and I worked up quite a sweat. It was awesome! Even though I haven't done the last 2 miles of this DVD, I know I am going to like it and I know it's going to produce some results! I am all for it!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
I am happy to continue this week as a new week. I have a new DVD that I am going to try and I am excited to see what the end of this week brings for me!
Monday, July 28, 2008
I bought Leslie Sansone's 4 Fast Miles today while Graycen and I were out. I am excited to use it tomorrow!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
I had a baby boy, Parker, 4 weeks and 2 days ago (1 month ago - today!) and I am feeling ready to start losing some weight. I have two rounds of baby weight - plus some - to lose! I topped the scales at 242 pounds. That's how much I weighed when I went in to deliver Parker. I am currently sitting at (yes, I am actually going to post my REAL weight on here!) 225 pounds.
- The goal I am setting for myself is 65 pounds, which will drop the scale down to 160 pounds. This is a very healthy, realistic goal that I know I can meet! If I lose more, that's wonderful, but I'm not setting a goal of losing more...yet! The ideal weight for my height (5'7") is 145. I weighed that much in high school. I am not one of those people that has to be at my high school weight to feel like I have finally done it, thankfully.
- I was going to use Weight Watchers but with making lots of home cooked meals from scratch, I don't know how to calculate the points. So I will just watch my intake of foods and track in other ways.
- I will do a weekly weigh in here.
- I plan on exercising at home. No joining a gym for me. It's too expensive and I can do it right here at home for free! First off I am starting with the Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds series. What you do with these videos is walk..at home! The first dvd is 1 mile, the second is 2 miles and so on up to 5 miles. I am very excited to do this. I would walk out in the real world but I don't have a double stroller. Maybe when I buy one I can start walking outside. (That could be a while though - when you are unpaid maternity leave it leaves your pocket a little low on change!) I will add some more workout dvds into this too. I will probably walk daily and do a workout dvd every other day or so. We'll see how I feel, but for now, it's just the walking.
I was so gung-ho about this, I actually got breakfast together for Graycen and then fed and changed Parker. I put my workout clothes and tennis shoes on! I felt great. I started and finished mile one of the series. Sure, it's only 18 minutes, but hey, can you say you walked a mile today? I can!