Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weekly Weigh-In: Week 11

Happy to say - the pound I was up last week is gone and I am back down to where I was the week prior, which is 15lbs lost. So, I don't think I even lost anything in this last week or if that was just water weight that I lost.
Is this my plateau? If so, I am not sure how to get out of it. I also wonder, is it possible that it is me slacking, unknowingly? Anyone in WW have any hints as to why I'm kind if sticking now?
I did get in two workouts last week and have made myself a chart to hold myself accountable for workouts this week. I am setting my goal to three workouts this week. I would like to hold it at every day (or at least five days) but I need to be realistic. I can barely get myself motivated to workout one day per week - let's take baby steps here. Anyone out there have any tips on getting and keeping yourself motivated for working out? Any extra special incentive (besides the AWESOME weight loss?)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Spicing up your workout routine can be a great way off a plateau. Even just one extra bit of exercise in a week can make a big difference. So can mixing up what you're eating. If your body gets used to certain foods, it'll stop shedding the pounds. Varying your Points intake can help, too. Try eating 5-6 flex points one day, then none the next and so on.

Rachel said...

p.s. I tagged your weight loss journey. :)

Kristie said...

Try changing something. If things get to routine your body will get used to it and remain the same. If you eat the same thing for breakfast everyday trying something new or like Rachel suggested mix up your points a bit.

Are you getting enough water? That is my big problem right now, I am not getting enough.

Keep up the good work!

kristine said...

Thanks for the tips ladies. Rachel: I kind of had a feeling if I stepped up the working out it would change things. I didn't know that about switching up what you eat. Interesting... Good to know though since I eat pretty much the same things all the time.
Kristie: I do drink my water, just not all of it. I guess we'll try that too.
Working out more and more water!!

Katie Osborn said...

Drink all of you water...PLUS SOME! Water helps to clean out your system...this is especially important when you eat a lot of salt or sodium. Although this may be seen as "cheating," the day before weigh-in I avoid high-sodium foods even more than usual. If I have a smart ones or lean cuisine that I plan on eating for lunch one day, I do it several days before my weigh-in so that I can get it out of my system. In a way it's kind of cheating the system...but it's good to avoid less processed foods anyways. Also, if you are stepping up your workouts dramatically, your body may need more food. I went through a phase where I was working out like a maniac and eating light, but wasn't losing anything. I started using eating some more flexies and aps and the weight fell off. It turns out my body was clinging to the fat because I wasn't eating enough. Switching things up should help, and checking out the message boards on ww online always helps me too!