Wednesday, September 24, 2008
If you want to be able to figure out your percentage of weight lost, do the following:
Divide the weight loss by the starting weight and multiply the answer by 100.
Ex: Starting weight = 200, pounds lost = 5
5/200 = .025
.025*100 = 2.5% weight lost
You can do this from week to week or keep a running total. I think I am going to do both and track them on my side bar.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
I decided I need to start creating weekly goals. My goal for this week is to get myself back on track and counting ALL of my points again and to make sure I work out at least 3 times this week. I keep making excuses as to why I can't work out. You know the same old excuses: I don't have time, it's too late, I'm too tired. I have come to the realization that that's what they all are - excuses. I need to hold myself accountable just like I do with my points and actually work out!
So, I won't say I hope this is a better week - I will say, this WILL BE a better week!!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
It's on NBC at 7pm!!! I guess now it is a good thing Steph cancelled for tomorrow night. We were going to have a play date for the kids (OK and for us) but she has a freelance project she needs to work on. So... now I get to watch it! YAY!! I know Katie & Sherri will be tuning in as well!!!
Kristie took the time to write out a beautiful post that made me want to break the rules right then and there and just give her the dang trial. She is very well deserving of it! Go here to read the new blog she started for her newest venture in life!
Carren is my mother in law and she took the time to send me an email about it. She is also well deserving of this trial.
I am happy no other people entered so I was able to give these two wonderful people a shot at using Weight Watchers online. I can only hope it works for both of you and you are successful at it! Just remember... baby steps!
Congratulations you two!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
I told David I need help holding myself accountable to working out. If I could afford to join the gym, I would and then I would have someone to hold me accountable - Steph. Oh well, when I can afford it she can hold me to it. Right Steph?
So, YAY to another successful week. I am losing right on/above target for healthy weight loss (1-2lbs/week) I am proud of myself!
**Don't forget to enter the contest to win a 3 month membership to Weight Watchers online!
Monday, September 8, 2008
I have been racking my brain trying to figure out a way to give these away and have finally come up with what I am going to do.
- I am going to hold this contest open to everyone who has a blog.
- You need to create a post on your blog talking about these three things: 1) Telling your readers about the Lose for Good campaign 2) Why you want to win the 3 month membership to Weight Watchers online 3) Your favorite healthy recipe or food to eat.
- Come back here and leave me a comment with a link back to your post.
- This contest will stay open until 11:59pm Thursday, September 11. I will choose a winner (using random.org) *Note: you will not be included in the random drawing if you do not post all 3 things in your blog* I will email the winners and post the results on Friday morning.
Good luck to you all!!
For every pound lost with Weight Watchers during a six-week period, beginning September 7 and ending October 18, Weight Watchers will donate the cost of one pound of food -- up to one million dollars. The funds will go to two hunger-fighting organizations: Share Our Strength, which works to make sure no child in America grows up hungry, and Action Against Hunger, which provides immediate and long-term solutions for hunger to people around the world. .
Some more information I have received and can relay to you all:
- According to the World Health Organization, there are 1.6 billion overweight people in the world and at the same time, in 2007 there were 862 million people in the world that were underfed.
- Lose for Good is a charitable effort that addresses two important epidemics: hunger and obesity, by empowering people to get healthier while also doing good for others in need.
- The chosen organizations are Share Our Strength, the leading organization working to make sure no kid in America grows up hungry, and Action Against Hunger, an organization that helps feed people in troubled parts of the world.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Well, when we were done, we had to walk down the stairs to be able to get out the door. That was a challenge. I seriously could only take the steps like 2 or 3 at a time. It was horrible. I had spaghetti legs. This morning when I went to M's house to watch the kids, I had to walk up 2 flights of stairs with each kid - yeah, talk about a major burn!
Last night gave me a taste of how nice it would be to have a personal trainer. Anyone care to be mine? For free!!??
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
1) Actually participated in one workout this week. I didn't do any working out this week and I can feel it.
2) Not eaten fair food. I wouldn't be a true Minnesota State Fair lover if I went and didn't eat the roasted corn on the cob or Sweet Martha's Cookies. I only ate those two things and a bite of David's turkey sandwich. That's it. The catch - I ate about 10 cookies. I know, bad, bad me! I also drank a lot of pop and I shouldn't have done that either.
So, I am hoping this next week is an even better one. I went with Steph tonight to try out LA Fitness. She has a membership there and was able to get a 3 day pass for a guest. Tonight we did arms, back and 30 mins on the bike. Tomorrow we are meeting with her personal trainer. Should be interesting. I am super excited about it though!
I must say, I am pretty darn proud of myself for reaching 10 pounds.