Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Weekly Weigh-In: Week 3

OK, I am a day late AGAIN! Oh well. The number didn't change from yesterday to today, so no big deal. Well, I am very happy to announce a shift on the scale. I have lost 2 pounds since last week.
I figured out why I wasn't losing the past 2 weeks. Well, week 1 I wasn't 100% fully committed. Week 2 I was tracking my points but the problem is what I was eating. So, sure, I was eating all of my points in a day but I wasn't eating good foods. I was wasting points on bigger things - too often! Pizza, brownies, cheese (my weakness!) and peanut butter. I saw those items in my tracker A LOT in the weeks that I didn't lose anything.
This last week was different. My tracker is filled with mozzarella cheese in place of cheddar. 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on a toasted English muffin instead of who knows how much peanut butter on a sandwich. Turkey sandwiches on whole grain bread. LOTS and LOTS of fruits and veggies. Graycen and I went to Target the other day and I bought lots of things for me to eat and snack on. I can't even tell you how long I spent looking at the backs or sides of the packages to see what the points value of each item was. It got really tiring but the shift in the scale was worth it and will continue to be worth it.
This no caffeine thing lasted all of like 3 days. I have since switched to Coke Zero instead of the full thing or Diet Coke. I love Coke so much and I think Coke Zero is pretty close in comparison.
Knowing what I know now, I think the following weeks will be pretty successful! I look forward to many more (happy) updates!

2 comments:

Katie Osborn said...

YAY!!! All losses are good losses!

Marketing Mama said...

Great news, great progress. You are doing great and I'm really impressed! :)