Thursday, September 4, 2008

So jealous

Last night I accompanied Steph to LA Fitness to use her personal trainer for a workout. Man, did I get a workout! Yesterday was her day to work on legs. I happily did everything right along with her. The last workout that he had us do was holding 5lb weights in each of our hands, putting one leg in front of us and the other with our foot up on the weight bench behind us, keeping our body straight, dip down and come back up - all while leaving the foot behind us on the bench. To give you an idea, it looked something like this but with the weight bench behind us and our foot up on it:

After we were done with that, he put us up on the stationary bikes *which I have found I really enjoy!* for 30 minutes. By the end of my workout, I had biked 7 miles. Isn't that crazy?!

Well, when we were done, we had to walk down the stairs to be able to get out the door. That was a challenge. I seriously could only take the steps like 2 or 3 at a time. It was horrible. I had spaghetti legs. This morning when I went to M's house to watch the kids, I had to walk up 2 flights of stairs with each kid - yeah, talk about a major burn!

Last night gave me a taste of how nice it would be to have a personal trainer. Anyone care to be mine? For free!!??

No comments: