Saturday, March 27, 2010

Recipe Review:: Hungry Girl's Yum Yum Brownie Muffins

Have you heard of Hungry Girl? Well, if you haven't, you should go check her out here! She's a girl that likes food and doesn't want to feel deprived of her nummy food so she has found ways to make super delish recipes in a low-fat/low-cal way.

The other night I decided to go for it and whip these up. Here's another one of the ones I was apprehensive about because of the pumpkin. You see, the only part of the pumpkin I like to eat is the seeds (baked up, of course) so I wasn't too sure of what I would think of these.

Well, I put my dislike of pumpkin aside and tried them. They are delicious! I could tast a hint of pumpkin, but ma said she couldn't (but she also likes pumpkin) Maybe I was looking for it? I don't know. Either way, I like them, the kids like them, ma likes them. I guess they turned out pretty well. I would definitely make them again!


Yum Yum Brownie Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1 box devil’s food cake mix (approx. 18oz)
  • 1 can pure pumpkin (15 oz.)

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Mix the two ingredients together. Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING!
  • Place batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Per Serving (1 muffin or 3 minis): 181 calories, 3.5g fat, 2g fiber

**Points Value - 4

1 comment:

Soupy said...

I make these often & love them! YUM!