Sunday, March 7, 2010

Recipe Review:: Hungry Girl's Big Bad Burger Wrap

Have you heard of Hungry Girl? Well, if you haven't, you should go check her out here! She's a girl that likes food and doesn't want to feel deprived of her nummy food so she has found ways to make super delish recipes in a low-fat/low-cal way.

Today for lunch I tried her Big Bad Burger Wrap and it was so tasty! I was a little apprehensive at first based on one of the ingredients I had to use. See, I get a little weird about new things sometimes, but I have learned I need to try new things to not be so bored with my food.

I decided not to post the picture that has been supplied by HG because it really doesn't look all that appetizing. I didn't think to take a picture until I was done. Oh well, trust me - it was good! Next time I have it (probably tomorrow!) I will take a pic of it.

I added a Just for 1 broccoli & cheese dish (0 points) and I was stuffed!

Hungry Girl's Big Bad Burger Wrap

Ingredients:
  • 1 large La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb/High Fiber tortilla
  • 1 Boca Original Meatless Burger
  • 1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss Cheese
  • 1 pickle spear, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon ketchup
  • 2 dashes Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce

Directions:
  • Prepare Boca patty according to box directions. Chop patty into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
  • To make sauce, combine mustard, ketchup and hot sauce in a small dish. Set aside.
  • Warm tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds. Lay tortilla flat and spread cheese wedge on top.
  • Place chopped burger and pickle in the center of the tortilla. Top with sauce. Roll it up and eat!

Per serving (entire recipe): 199 calories, 5.5g fat, 1,368mg sodium, 27.5g carbs, 16.5g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 23.5g protein. !

**Points Value - 4

**NOTE** I made a couple modifications that actually still kept it at a value of 4 WW points. It changed the nutrition value listed above, but not in a way to modify it's value.
I couldn't find the tortillas called for so I actually bought the Multi-Grain FlatOut Pita Wraps, which have the same point value of 1. I also added some lettuce and tomato to mine - again, not changing the point value since they aren't worth anything in such a small amount.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am hoping you will teach me all the tricks

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bodyhacker said...

Hello, thanks so much for your recipe. My husband and I love the La Tortilla Factory Low Carb/High Fiber Tortillas!

We actually eat at least 2 of these wraps a day. :-)

We use the wraps for all of our meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner although they can be also used for snacks (you just have to get creative).

If you are interested, we list one of our favorite recipes (Italian Veggie Pizza) on our site: bodyhacker.com.

We usually have it for dinner although you can also split it with someone if you want to have it as an appetizer.

Hope you like the recipes and again thanks for the recipe and forward to reading more! :-)

bodyhacker said...

I know you mentioned that you couldn't find the tortillas - someone mentioned to me that they are sold at Costo (although my local one did not have them). Although if you can't find them at your local grocery store you can buy them online directly from La Tortilla or from an online store like: http://www.carbsmart.com/lwwt.html

Hope that helps and look forward to reading more!