Monday, April 19, 2010

Couch to 5k - Week 1

Alright, I finished the first week of C25K and let me tell you, it was a lot easier than I expected it to be. Don't get me wrong, it was hard, but easier than I thought.
My goal for the week was to finish week 1 without giving up. Sadly, I finished BUT I did give up (at the end of my 3rd run) I did my first run on Monday, my second on Wednesday and then my 3rd actually didn't happen until last night. I know, I had 3 days in between runs 1 and 3, but I seriously couldn't breathe well enough to do it on Friday or Saturday. Oh well, I got it done and that's all that matters.
You see, somewhere around day (run) 2 I developed some sort of respiratory issue. My chest has been tight, I have a cough, can't breathe very well - it's not cute. I ran despite it last night and told myself I would stop if it got to be too hard. Well, it got to be too hard and I stopped. I actually lasted almost 21 of the 29 minutes the first week is and I even beat my personal best for pace! Yay me. Here's my progress for the week - reported by Nike+. You can be my friend or see my profile by clicking here.
My goals for this week:
  • Totally conquer week 2! 
  • Keep or beat my pace from week 1.
Want to join in on the fun? Head over to Liz's blog and write up your own post! You can do it!

2 comments:

LutherLiz said...

I am so impressed. I just know that you will ROCK week 2.

Kristie said...

Good job! I am impressed with your determination! Keep up the good work.