Saturday, December 24, 2011

Sticking to a plan is easy... when you make one

I'm such a ridiculous planner. I've noticed when I need to track my eating and water I have to plan everything. I open up my handy dandy Excel spreadsheet and start filling in the foods for the day (including their point value) - down to the snacks. If I make my meal plan I stick with it - 99% of the time! If I don't make a plan I have too many options and find it's very easy for me to veer off path.
This behavior happened this week already. I was making my meal plan on Tuesday and got side tracked by a super awesome website - SkinnyTaste - have you heard of it? I spent a good 1.5-2 hours on the site looking through all of the "normal" foods writing down titles so I could go back later and pull up recipes to make my meal plan off of it. There are so many meals and snacks on there that my whole family would eat - how wonderful!!!

Anyways... I didn't end up making my meal plan and have found myself aimlessly eating. No good. Now, here we sit on Saturday night and I have a cup of coffee that I'm finishing up, we just ordered some wings and cheesy bread from Domino's and the Vodka and Orange, Pineapple, Banana juice are waiting on the counter for me. Tomorrow is the ever-indulgent Christmas. I make Christmas breakfast and since we aren't going anywhere this year David requested chicken strips for dinner.

I guess I should finish up that damn meal plan so I can actually use it on Monday. That's when we go back to our regularly scheduled program since we have no plans for New Year's Eve.

No comments: