Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Excuses, excuses.

  • I was going to run, but I have a headache. I could have walked instead.
  • I was going to run, but the bathrooms were closed so I couldn't change my clothes. I could have gone to a store or even back to work to change my clothes.
  • I was going to workout, but I didn't sleep well last night so I am tired today. I could have started it anyways. I always get into it as soon as I start.
  • I was going to workout, but I didn't start drinking my water until about 15 mins ago. Who cares?! It could have been worse and I could have not had any water at all.
  • I was going to run, but my iPod wasn't charged. I understand I'm using a program to run, but I'm pretty sure people have been running (and starting a running program) without their iPods and instructions for years. ;-)
  • I was going to stick with my points, but I didn't have a lot of time to actually cook something for lunch. There's always a better option - even a bowl of cereal.
  • I was going to start today, but messed up so tomorrow it is. Starting tomorrow is never the answer.

These are all excuses that I've made in less than a week. I'm sure there are more since I'm really good at making them, but these were the ones I could think of. If I don't hold myself accountable, who will? That's right! Nobody! Calling myself out on these stemmed from a quote that someone commented with on A Prior Fat Girl's blog. Totally what I needed for the day. There were a lot of other good ones, but this one really spoke with me today.

“If something is important to you, you’ll find a way. If it isn’t, you’ll find an excuse.”

I talk about how important this is to me so I guess now it's time to find make a way!

No comments: