Thursday, January 1, 2009

A new year, an improved me

I realize I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. Life has been a carousel of events both up and down. I haven't tracked one thing I have put into my mouth nor have I had a workout since the last post. I didn't care. Well, now I do. Because of my (roughly) 3 weeks of careless eating habits in combination with the holidays, I have gained 6 pounds back. Ick. I guess I can't be too upset since I really didn't work that hard to get them off, I just followed the Weight Watchers way of eating. I didn't have lots of strenuous exercising going on or anything crazy like that. Don't get me wrong, it was difficult to change the way I was eating but it was nothing I would call hard (for myself) It's my own fault this happened.

Since today is the first day of a new year I have decided it's time to get myself back in order - but doing more than I was before. I am going to go back to following WW. I have decided I am going to hold myself accountable to attending one WW meeting per month (or every 4 weeks) This does two things for me: It keeps me accountable and having to go weigh-in once per month and it also will keep my membership current so I don't have to pay the registration fee every time. I'm also going to start the exercise routine in The Biggest Loser Fitness Program book. I will also throw in some workout DVDs each week.

I got some birthday presents that were much wanted and I am so excited about them! One thing I received was a set of 3 resistance tubes which came with an instructional DVD. I also got a heart rate monitor watch. I have wanted one of these so bad!!!

The Biggest Loser starts up again on Tuesday and that makes me SO EXCITED!! Which means I am going to go back to Tuesday weigh-ins. It's fun to have your weigh-in on the same day as they weigh-in as well as watch your episode and workout. Usually, my Tuesday night routine looks like this: dinner, clean-up, workout, The Biggest Loser, shower. From about 5:00pm or so until around 9:40, it's a packed night for me. ;-) But it works and I love it!

I want to thank everyone for their ongoing support. It really does mean a lot to me to have people backing me. I know I need to be my number one cheerleader, but unfortunately, I'm just not there yet.

Here's to a new year and an improved me. Notice I didn't say a new me? Because I will still be the same old me, just better!

1 comment:

Marketing Mama said...

All right girlfriend, back on the wagon! I'm going to be working hard again to lose weight this year, too... we can support each other.